Monday, July 12, 2010

Declutter Tips to Start Your Simple Life

"Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein

I have shared a few pictures of my decluttered closets. I hope to share more as I work my way through our home decluttering and bringing order to my chaos. I work from home a lot and that can add to the chaos. I have learned that a decluttered home helps me maintain this simple life that I find great joy in. Some of my friends have asked, "How do I start?" I started by reading about order in my home, talking to one of my BFFs (Sandra) who is very organized, and searching sites about order in the home. Here are some of the best tips I have ever found and the site I found those at:

1. Clear Off a Counter: Ok, I hate cluttered kitchen counters! It is a pet peeve of mine, so start there. Clear them off, clean them, and see how much better you feel. It will inspire you to go further in the declutter process.

2. Load up the Car for Charity: Declutter your counters and your closets. Take the stuff to a charity right away so you won't be tempted to keep it! Run. . .go now!

3. Learn to Crave Clean: Once you have an area uncluttered. . keep it that way. Enjoy the way it looks so simple and clean. Learn to love that look!

Read more: http://zenhabits.net/18-five-minute-decluttering-tips-to-start-conquering-your-mess/

No comments:

Post a Comment